Friday, February 5, 2010

How can I tell if my house is a true modular rather than a manufactured home?

OK, I'm not exactly sure what difference you are thinking between modular and manufactured. IT is my understanding that what you are thinking a manufactured home comes to your property on wheels in 2 or more sections, it is placed, bolted together, and the wheels are removed. It may or may not be on a permanent foundation since it has a steel frame underneath to support its weight. You can look under and see it. I do not mean a trailer home. A facade of brick stone or siding can be built after it is placed and will have a crawl space. A modular home on the other hand is a home built in sections. These sections can run up to 16'; wide and 50'; long. These too are brought to your property on a trailer, but are lifted and put in place with a crane and put down on a foundation of block or concrete, they may have basements. They are bolted together as well and can be bricked, sided or stucko used on the exterior. Prop ably the best way to tell modular would be look for where modules are bolted together in basement, crawl space or attic space. A multiple floor home would have very large area between first and second floor since all modules have a floor and ceiling. Look in stair ways.How can I tell if my house is a true modular rather than a manufactured home?
modular and manufactured are the same thing! And they are both the same as a Mobil home, the only difference is that they are put on a foundation. I bought a double wide Mobil home, and my friend got a modular..... and they are exactly the same!How can I tell if my house is a true modular rather than a manufactured home?
A modular and a manufactured home are the same animal.Your think of a mobile.the only difference is a mobile has wheels mounted to the sub frame and a hitch by the road..

No comments:

Post a Comment